We believe that small, collaborative, and cross-functional teams are best equipped to ship the most optimal project outcomes. Within these teams, members of our Operations group help keep everything moving in the right direction, ensuring our team has what they need to succeed, free of blockers, and with a clear opportunity for personal growth.
As the head of our People & Talent operations, you’ll help define, lead, and manage our approach to finding, retaining, and growing talent across the agency globally. As we continue to scale, building a world class organization, your vision and expertise will enable an environment where talented individuals have a clear opportunity to thrive and grow, and where collaboration and performance are recognized and rewarded. This is a generalist talent management role leading both recruitment efforts and day-to-day HR activities.
This role is open to candidates in Vancouver or Toronto.
What You’ll Do
- Manage full lifecycle recruiting ensuring clear communication, efficiency, and an overall positive experience
- Collaborate with leadership, practice group leads, and producers to determine recruitment needs and priorities
- Drive all recruitment activities including sourcing and applicant evaluation to effectively attract world-class talent, including the administration of immigration
- Coordinate the involvement of hiring managers and team members in the interview and candidate evaluation process
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new talent ensuring a positive first experience, and the offboarding of departing team members
- Make constant improvements to the interview process and provide the necessary training to team members
- Partner with leadership and practice group leads to continue developing a team-oriented culture that rewards high performance while ensuring wellness
- Lead all aspects of the employee experience including performance programs, retention strategy, compensation and benefits, policies, and career development
- Plan and implement initiatives and programs that measure and support employee satisfaction, engagement, happiness, and well-being
- Evolve our approach to evaluations, 1-on-1s, and reviews, overseeing the process that ensures this is a clear, transparent, and supported priority
- Lead administration of payroll in Canada and the US, parental, family, medical, and bereavement leave, as well as employment insurance and disability programs,
- Lead the development of policies and benefits programs that support our diversity, equity, and inclusion objectives and bring visibility of these efforts into the organization
- Ensure compliance in how we manage our team, including maintaining deep knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day HR activities and approaches
- Lead the development of an internship program through engagement with schools globally that produce the best talent in our industry
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in People Ops within an agency, consultancy, or start-up environment
- Proven success in defining scalable and impactful people programs, processes, and approaches
- Experience implementing and managing HR tools from ATS to engagement surveys
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills, and experience supporting employees at all levels from entry level to director
- Resourceful, collaborative, and excited about making a meaningful impact on a fast paced and growing business
- Organized self-starter with experience managing multiple concurrent internal projects, timelines, and stakeholders
- High level of integrity with an ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations with the utmost degree of discretion
- This role is best suited for candidates based in Vancouver or Toronto
About Engine Digital
At Engine Digital, we believe modern business is driven by a focus on the customer and built upon exceptional brand experiences, seamless digital commerce, and frictionless services. It is through this lens that we help our clients to harness design as the foundation for differentiation and a driver of growth.
We’re committed to building a diverse team and to operating an inclusive organization that represents the makeup of our community. We do not accept discrimination on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship, origin, religion, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or military status.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.