We believe that small, collaborative, and cross-functional teams are best equipped to ship the most optimal project outcomes. Within these teams, members of our Engineering group plan and build the code that brings our work to life, helping our clients deploy innovative and digital experiences that support their growth objectives.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer you’ll bring a blend of front-end and back-end expertise, leading the planning and development of immersive interfaces, features, functionality, and logic across web, mobile, and e-commerce experiences. As a project lead, you’ll support and guide the concepting and ideation process, ensuring our work is both feasible and innovative, while leveraging the latest technologies. You’ll oversee technical planning and roadmapping, helping to prioritize requirements and organize the development efforts of your team.
This role is open to remote candidates with preference for Vancouver, Toronto, or NYC.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the planning, development, testing, and deployment process
- Write, test, refactor, and optimize code to achieve high benchmarks for performance, and strive to make quality assurance a top priority
- Develop a clear understanding of our clients, their business, and objectives
- Participate in project ideation sessions, workshops, and roadmapping
- Provide input towards practical solutions, innovations, and estimation of effort and time
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and support the development of standards and processes that contribute to an environment of continual improvement
- Mentor Engineering team colleagues, creating a positive environment for growth
- Contribute to thought leadership and events
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years experience prototyping and building web and mobile experiences
- Strong knowledge of browser quirks and mobile platform differences
- Confidence in following design systems and detail-oriented design direction
- Experience with current tools, processes, standards, and styleguide driven development
- Familiarity with a variety of CMS platforms (traditional and/or headless) and static site generators (ie. Statamic, Gatsby, Middleman)
- Strong skills in PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony)
- Experience developing server-side Node (NPM scripts, webpack builds, deploys)
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Knowledge of web performance and speed/memory optimization techniques
- Awareness of usability, accessibility, and testing tools
- Experience in an agile environment, scoping and estimation, and self-management
- Ability to work within PST and EST time zone work hours
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Understanding of testing and test-driven development
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience implementing e-commerce platforms (Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce)
- Experience with Serverless (AWS, Firebase, Google Cloud, etc.)
- API design experience for front-end or server-to-server
- Understanding of web servers, SSL, deployments, and continuous integration
- Experience working with a QA team and familiarity with QA/release workflows
About Engine Digital
At Engine Digital, we believe modern business is driven by a focus on the customer and built upon exceptional brand experiences, seamless digital commerce, and frictionless services. It is through this lens that we help our clients to harness design as the foundation for differentiation and a driver of growth.
We’re committed to building a diverse team and to operating an inclusive organization that represents the makeup of our community. We do not accept discrimination on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship, origin, religion, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or military status.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.