We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
As a Senior UX Strategist, you’ll drive the research, planning, and design of web and mobile UI systems, producing various forms of deliverables including personas, schematics, wireframes, and prototypes. You will help facilitate workshops with users, clients, and the agency team, helping to identify innovative solutions that challenge the status quo. This is an immersive role, supporting the design of platforms, and products from ideation through deployment.
- Form a clear and insightful understanding of our clients’ business, their needs, and the creative opportunities and challenges that exist in their categories
- Work collaboratively to generate thoughtful, innovative, and relevant strategies across a broad range of channels
- Lead the research, planning, and design of digital products, services, and experiences
- Create deliverables such as personas, user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes
- Assist in content strategy and architecture
- Lead workshops and ideation sessions to bring together stakeholder perspectives
- Present to internal teams and client groups
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years working in a user experience or product designer capacity leading projects and working within a team dynamic
- Deep experience designing for web, mobile/tablet, SaaS products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences
- Experience in UI design patterns and grids for web, mobile web, iOS, and Android
- Able to apply UX principles including User-Centered Design and Design Thinking
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility, and industry standards
- Familiarity with analytics and data platforms such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, and Mixpanel
- Proficiency with Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Adobe CS, and Keynote
- Ability to communicate, listen, present, and sell through ideas internally and to clients
- Candidates should be a resident of Vancouver or willing to relocate
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- A welcome kit, a MacBook, and all the tools you need on day one
- Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, and One Month to help you expand your skills
- Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
- Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday lunches
- Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
- An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
- Focused yet casual studio environment located in Mount Pleasant, the heart of Vancouver’s emerging tech hub
How to Apply
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form. Only candidates with an online portfolio or work samples may be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a blog or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to creative candidates who are active online.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.
Visit us at www.enginedigital.com