We believe that small, collaborative, and cross-functional teams are best equipped to ship the most optimal project outcomes. Within these teams, members of our Engineering group helps to bring our work to life, building out experiences, and creating interaction that personifies brand, helping our clients’ customers engage with ease.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you’ll lead the planning and development of web and mobile platforms, products, and UI systems, producing deliverables that bring the UX and Design group’s work to life through interaction and motion. The project team will lean on you to help define the best approach to implementing fluid, functional, and high-performance interfaces and modular layouts, blending best practices with the latest tools, technologies, and trends in the field of UI development.
This role is open to remote candidates with preference for Vancouver, Toronto, NYC.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the planning, development, testing, and delivery/deployment of solid, structured, and standards-compliant web and mobile interfaces
- Understand our clients’ business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their categories
- Participate in project ideation sessions, workshops, and roadmapping, collaborating in strategic planning that drives innovation from a development perspective
- Work with the project team to define clear goals and requirements, and provide input towards practical solutions, innovations, and estimation of effort and time
- Write, test, refactor, and optimize code to achieve high benchmarks for performance, and strive to make quality assurance a top priority
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and patterns, and support the development of standards and processes that contribute to an environment of continual improvement
- Manage, lead, and mentor engineering colleagues, and oversee code reviews
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years experience prototyping and building web and mobile experiences
- Confidence in contributing to design systems and detail-oriented designs
- Experience working in cross-discipline teams with design, UX/UI, and project management
- Experience working in an agile environment, scoping and road-mapping, and self-management
- Extensive experience with current development tools, processes, and standards (Git, Sass, TailwindCSS, Styled Components, Webpack/Rollup/Vite, Figma)
- Extensive experience with a variety of CMS (traditional and/or headless) (Sanity, Strapi, Wordpress, Craft) and front-end frameworks (Gatsby, Next.js)
- Experience implementing e-commerce platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.)
- Experience implementing analytics tools, tags. and event tracking from spec
- Experience implementing usability standards, accessibility rules, and using accessibility testing tools
- Knowledge of web performance and optimization techniques
- Knowledge of web security best practices
- Ability to work within PST and EST time zone work hours
About Engine Digital
At Engine Digital, we believe modern business is driven by a focus on the customer and built upon exceptional brand experiences, seamless digital commerce, and frictionless services. It is through this lens that we help our clients to harness design as the foundation for differentiation and a driver of growth.
We’re committed to building a diverse team and to operating an inclusive organization that represents the makeup of our community. We do not accept discrimination on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship, origin, religion, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or military status.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.