We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
Whether designing around a client’s ownable assets, or helping uncover a client’s unique storytelling opportunity, content is the common thread that runs through nearly every project we take on. The Content Strategist role works within our Strategy practice, supporting research and leading the planning and articulation of thoughtful content approaches that help our clients achieve their business objectives. Working within cross-functional teams, the Content Strategist contributes a clear understanding of editorial strategy and storytelling, combined with a close relationship to how information lives across digital channels.
- Form a clear and insightful understanding of our clients’ business, their needs, and the content opportunities and challenges that exist in their categories
- Work collaboratively to generate thoughtful, innovative, and relevant content strategies across a broad range of channels
- Lead the research, planning, and definition of content to support objectives
- Create deliverables such as personas, architecture, audits, matrices, models, journeys, copy decks, guides, taxonomies, metadata structures, and schemas
- Lead workshops and ideation sessions to bring together stakeholder perspectives
- Present to internal teams and client groups
- Support data analysts and strategists in planning for SEO, conversion, and ongoing optimization
- Define tone of voice and style, and write and edit copy as needed
- Act as Editor to guide and manage clients and/or writers in the creation of content
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience in a content strategy role that demonstrates experience both leading projects and working within a team dynamic
- Experience planning content for web, mobile/tablet, SaaS products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences
- Knowledge of usability, accessibility, and industry standards
- Experience creating metadata structures and SEO strategies
- Familiarity with analytics and data platforms such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, and Mixpanel
- A degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, or Library Science preferred but not required
- Candidates should be a resident of Vancouver or willing to relocate
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- A welcome kit, a MacBook, and all the tools you need on day one
- Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, and One Month to help you expand your skills
- Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
- Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday lunches
- Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
- An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
- Focused yet casual studio environment located in Mount Pleasant, the heart of Vancouver’s emerging tech hub
How to Apply
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form. Only candidates with an online portfolio or work samples may be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a blog or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to creative candidates who are active online.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.
Visit us at www.enginedigital.com