We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
As an Intermediate Designer, you’ll both support and lead project teams responsible for defining how the solutions we produce should look, feel, and function. This includes the design of web and mobile products, platforms, and experiences, visual brand identities, and related brand collateral. Working within cross-functional teams, you’ll contribute a visual sensibility that ensures every project we ship supports our collective belief in design as a means for driving our clients’ business success. This is a hands-on role, supporting and leading projects from ideation through deployment, managing, mentoring, and enabling design team colleagues.
- Lead and support the design of web and mobile platforms and products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in concepting and ideation
- Participate in client workshops, presentations, and reviews
- Lead the production of design deliverables under the guidance of the team lead
- Guide the team to a clear understanding project context, objectives, and constraints
- Ensure all deliverables and outputs are of the highest level of quality and precision
- Lead and mentor junior design colleagues by fostering a positive environment
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience prototyping and designing for web and mobile
- A strong portfolio demonstrating skill, craft, thinking, and experience
- Clear experience with UI patterns and grids, typography, identity and brand design
- Proficiency in Sketch and experience in Adobe CS, Invision, Omnigraffle, and Keynote
- Experience working in a design team environment, collaborating, and engaging with clients and/or product owners
- Knowledge of front-end coding, frameworks, and constraints
- Degree in design or communication an asset but not required
- Candidates should be residents of Vancouver or willing to relocate
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- A welcome kit, a MacBook, and all the tools you need on day one
- Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, Udemy, and One Month to help you expand your skills
- Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
- Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday celebrations
- Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
- An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
- Focused yet casual studio environment located in Mount Pleasant, the heart of Vancouver’s emerging tech hub
How to Apply
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form. Only candidates with an online portfolio or work samples may be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a blog or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to creative candidates who are active online.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.
Visit us at www.enginedigital.com